8.13.2008

Lesbians, dessert, babies and mastheads


Four wonderful things happened to me yesterday:

1. I got mistaken for a lesbian at the park. I took it as a compliment that I was raising my daughter in such a modern way that I could only be a same-sex partner parent. Obviously, the person didn't see the fruit snacks I was giving her. Lesbians hate fruit snacks.

2. Mr. Dub made me an amazing dessert, like right now - as I'm blogging it. (Welcome to the future, folks.) If I was a cool blogger, I would tell you how it was home-churned vanilla bean ice milk with tender cubes of fresh bananas and ripe strawberries served in a red vintage bowl. But I'm not. So I won't. (And it wasn't.)

3. I found a baby on the side of the road and brought it home to live with me. Or maybe that was just a dream. I'm really baby hungry. Did I mention there were baby bits on that ice milk? Mmm ... delicious.

4. Lyndsay (a friend of a friend) sent me this fabulous masthead. Don't you love it? I love it. Or, as Miss Dub has been saying lately, "I wuv it, wuv it." I do believe you can get one, too, right here. Or here. Or here. (Yes, it's all the same link, but have you linked yet?)

14 comments:

Rachel said...

Well didn't you have a fabulous day! :-)
Lovin' the masthead. It's superb!!

Mary said...

Eeek! I love it. I want one. We'll talk.

p.s. also please send in in the mail:
1) some of the dessert
2) Miss Dub

brookegfunk said...

I love your new look ,very fun!It's not a bad thing to be confused with our sisters to the left- but you want to make sure they think you are more like a Portia de Rossi type of lesbian rather than a Rosie if ya' know what I mean. I do not know the lesbian stance on fruit snacks but I know they adore fuit roll ups and Tevas.

Lizzie said...

I must say that your posts have been especially funny as of late.

steph said...

wuv the new look

Angy said...

love it!

Chellie said...

#2 made me laugh out loud. You are hilarious.

Kelli and Craig said...

love the new look!

Melanie M. McKinnon said...

i love the header. or as gracie would say 'bye! i wuh yoo!' (that is the only phrase she uses with the word love in it.)

sara said...

I really really like it a lot very much. That Lyndsay does a great job.

In other news, your writing is so entertaining! Please tell your equally entertaining sister to start writing again on her blog, will ya?

emily & david said...

Love the masthead.

The fact that you indulge in ice milk rather than my ice cream is probably why [baby or not] I keep growing and you keep shrinking. I'm gonna hate the post-partum slim-down no-cheese or butter or nuts deprivation diet . . . Maybe then I'll write for your ice milk recipe.

Unknown said...

Hi, it's me -- the "mastheader." So I have very short hair, and I think I get mistaken for a lesbian a lot (such an unfortunate stigma). My sister-in-law says she won't go to Whole Foods with me and my son anymore, because she thinks we look like a partnership fully equipped with the invitro-ized offspring. I'll tell her we're only going to buy fruit snacks. :)

Bartimaeus said...

Your blog may have offended most people in our family, but it just about lifted me out of my bad mood just now. I say almost because I'm consciously hanging onto a few thoughts of self pity.

Thanks.

Leisha Mareth said...

I love the new header. And for some reason your page loads faster for me...I like that even better!